Foodstagram: Midyear Cooking!


 Midyear classes are from Mon to Fri so I only have my time off during weekends. Most of the time I'm stressed because everything's fast-paced and what we like to do whenever we are stressed? Eat!!! Well in my case I have to cook my meal haha! So I introduce to you now my Midyear cooking diary! Most of them are pasta dishes as I'm experimenting on sauces and I had borrowed a pasta book from my friend.

I'm posting my dishes over my Instagram and if you want to get the recipes of these don't be shy to ask on the comments below!

 1. Spaghetti with Red Wine and Tomato Basil Sauce


Cooking notes: Basically I bought a 500g pasta and used like 300g for this, 3/4kilo of fresh tomatoes and other essentials for making a tomato sauce, dried basil,  plus hint of red wine, a Cabernet Sauvignon for more savoury finish. I like the combination of the red wine and tomato sauce because they go very well and you'll love the "kick" in the end. No-meat! Only used 3/4 of a can of Shiitake mushrooms on this!

2. Spaghetti with Peanuts, Garlic and Cream Cheese Sauce



Cooking notes: As I said on the caption, this is a no-cook white sauce! You just have to put all purpose cream, grated cheese, one clove of garlic, peanuts, milk, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. You should leave some crushed peanuts for the topping. It should be creamy, garlic-y with crunchy peanut bits. It's addicting, I swear.

3. Penne with Spinach and Mushrooms in Three Cheese Sauce



Cooking notes: I found a pasta and sauce promo pack. It includes a 500g Penne Rigati and 1kg of Three Cheese sauce for a whooping 100php (around $2.20)! I just used 300g of Penne for this dish. Bought one bunch of spinach for 5php (next time I'll use two bunches) and used my leftover Shiitake mushrooms from my first dish. This already fed a family of four for dinner! See, you don't have to spend a lot for a great dinner!


4. Baked Penne with Three Cheese and Mornay Sauce



Cooking notes: I used the remaining Penne, Three Cheese sauce and made my Mornay sauce from scratch. Mornay sauce is basically milk and cheese white sauce! First I cooked the pasta then I put it in a microwave safe container, cooked the red sauce with hotdog bits. Then I mixed the sauce with the pasta in the container. Next I cooked the Mornay sauce then poured it on top of the pasta. Pop it in the microwave oven for few minutes and you're good!


5. Choco Mousse



Cooking notes: After those savoury dishes, we need to end this with a dessert! I made a Choco Mousse for my last day of midyear class. Shared it with my friends too! It's made of crushed graham base. For the filling, you just have to heat up sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder and water. Top with cream and chocolate chips!
Such a sweet ending!

Hope you'll be inspired to whip your own dishes! Promise it's so fun and (ful)filling! Haha!
To keep updated with my food adventures and designs, follow me on Instagram at @itsmoriela!

'Til next!

Love,
MoMo

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.