Cover Snaps: June Issue

Hello Charmed!


      I've been strolling around the local bookstore for some inspiration, usually about fashion and magazine matters and I happen to see the latest covers of the some famous page flippers! I took pictures of some that grabbed my attention (read: critique). Covers are really important, first of all because magazines are usually sealed before you buy them!  Next is the appropriateness of the theme/article teasers to your  taste and need. Some are new, some are fresh, some stuck to the old fad. If they effective or not? Let's look at the covers!

I would give Vogue a thumbs-up for their July issue. In this "Ageless Style Issue",  making Helena Bonham Carter as their cover girl  was  a nice classic twist from the usual fashion forward themes.   Women from mid20s to 40s won't miss a chance to catch a glimpse of this, especially those who are torn between keeping or throwing their classic pieces and buying the trends (read: summer cleaning). It's like Bellatrix saying "Hey, you could still be fabulous even after 20 years in Azkaban!". Don't you love the hair? 

 Meanwhile here's the June issue of Vogue featuring Kate Moss. I liked how they made summer issue a high fashion one. But isn't too overwhelming? Kate Moss is regarded as a top model, they could have get a "not-so top" one for this issue (obviously, Tyra Banks won't work too).  Beach chic? Why not Cameron Diaz? Or Gwyneth Paltrow? The could also do a high-fashion shot, yet their cheerful vibe is what I want to see during the summer issue. Looking at the those Vogue issues, I could say that Helena knocked it off.



A back-to-school issue won't be over without featuring Emma Watson as a cover girl in at least one magazine. Trust me. It seems like the people can't get enough of her brainy Hermione/Sam character. In fairness to her, I liked how she sport a sexy preppy teen in here. A fresh, neat look and a strategic peek-a-boo cuts just show that you could stand out and in your own simple way! Really geek + chic!
  



In the local scene, Metro and ABS CBN did a good job on marketing both the magazine and their cover girl. Kathryn Bernardo sported a coming of age, minimalist look in here. With a classic  white midriff dress and a breath-taking cool layout made a different  take  from her  sweet demure image. But I also remembered Charice's cover on Preview (Jan.Feb issue) before, doing the same fierce pose in a minimalist up-do.
Hmmm…. What do you think?




This is not a glossy paper but this got my attention too!

 Cool sequel title. Haha XD

Anyway, they are just my opinions. This is what I gain after a year of writing for a magazine, I think. But I feel like doing this every month! It's fun. I hope I can hear from you too. What do you think about these covers?

Love,

MoMo
  

4 comments:

  1. I love Emma watson and she's definitely one of my favorite cover girls! same with Kathryn too :)
    <3
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Emma too! I'm a HP fan. :) But I think she's too cliche for teen mags especially during back -to-school issues---but I think Selena Gomez is the new icon na for that XD. Hindi kaya nagsasawa ang readers? :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Momo. Nice article. Been busy that I missed buying any ish this month, so it's nice to see a preview of what's on the racks through your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks! Will do it (hopefully) every month :) It's fun and keeps me sane too! #acads haha XD

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.